This cute little
fellow is a quick and easy way to make
puppets for story telling or puppet
- All purpose kitchen sponge
- elastic band
- felt pens
- fabric (optional)
- Using scissors, round off the
top two corners of the sponge to
produce an arch shape.
- Cut fabric to size so that it
will wrap around the sponge to form
- Attach fabric to sponge by
winding an elastic band around the
middle of the sponge - this also
forms the head of the puppet.
- Draw on face details.
- Cut two slits in the sponge so
that fingers can poke out to make
the puppets arms.
- Try adding yarn for hair if
desired to create other characters.