- Cut a elongated diamond out of
black paper and fold in half for
emu's beak. Attach to brown
pom-pom (or styrophone ball coloured
black with felt pen or paint).
- Glue on wiggly eyes and attach one
black pipe cleaner for neck.
Set aside to dry.
- Cut a small paper plate in half -
we used wave scissors to add
character to our emu! Tear
brown bag into smallish pieces for
feathers and glue to the bottom of
each half of the plate.
- Use one pipe cleaner for each leg,
bending to form a foot, and attach
one to each half of the plate in the
middle of the long, wave edge.
- Attach neck and head to one half
of the plate just above one end of
the long edge.
- Staple both sides of the plate
together at rounded edges.
Attach string to hang emu if
For more information about emus,
check out MSSS Animal Tale - Daddy