These coins developed out of the need to have Australian coins for the Offering
craft. Whole page templates of the coins are available here.
- Joash - the Boy King - coins
for his treasure chest in the temple.
- The Widow's Mite - compare
values of money and discuss the difference between the size of the Widow's
offering with the rich men.
- Matthew the Tax Collector
- Jesus Cleanses the Temple -
discuss how reverence is a more important gift to God than our money
offerings or use to create props for telling the story.
- Zacchaeus - encourage
children to 'give' away their money just as Zacchaeus did.
- Silver Coins (5, 10, 20 and 50 cents) - 50 cents is distinctively
Australian but the rest are also used in New Zealand and other Pacific
- Gold Coins (1 and 2 dollars)
- All denominations
Of course, these coins can also be used for play and maths activities at